About the Bible Minor
The Bible Minor at Cedarville
Like all students at Cedarville, you will complete a Bible minor as part of your general education coursework. Our popular sequence of five courses that make up the Bible minor will stretch you to think about God, His Word, and His world in whole new ways and will challenge you to apply Scripture to all aspects of your life.
Cedarville is pleased to make this outstanding Bible teaching available to everyone through our online Bible Minor Project. Every lecture from all five courses will be recorded and, when completed, made available for free for personal enrichment, group Bible studies, and the benefit of the church.Request Info Visit
You will take a series of five courses in order, each of them building on the other to increase your knowledge of Scripture and its role in your life.
Bible Minor Overview
Why a Bible Minor?
All students, regardless of major, will complete a Bible minor.
How Do Chapel and the Bible Minor Contribute to Spiritual Growth?
- The Bible and the Gospel will challenge you to pursue a deep and growing relationship with Christ through personal, inductive study of God's Word.
- Old Testament Literature and New Testament Literature will make the Bible real as you explore chapters, stories, events, and literary forms as they fit together in God's redemptive story.
- Theology 1 and Theology 2 will synthesize and systematize your biblical knowledge as you seek to understand what God says about the great questions of the past and present.
This minor requires 15 semester hours of coursework.
- The Bible and the Gospel
- Old Testament Literature and New Testament Literature
- Theology 1 and Theology 2
Program Format and Related Programs
Cedarville offers both graduate and undergraduate programs, with flexible completion options. You may also want to consider these related programs as you consider the degree or program that is a best fit for you.